Saturday, May 16, 2009

Apolitically Speaking......

Due to the truckloads of time that I have at my disposal these days for wasting in useless pursuits,I have been noticing a lot of things.For a start,the weather Gods don't seem too pleased this year and have blessed even my happy hilly hometown with soaring mercury levels and temperatures virtually unheard of,in this region.There is no respite from the heat,and so,even a quintessentially free bird like me has to spend(or while away)his time indoors.With nothing happening in my life and infinite events burning newsprint these days,I thought I'd take a jibe at one or two of those.
Firstly,I'm writing this as India awaits her fate for the next five years.Will it be the voice behind BJP's advertisements(AD-VAANI) or the blue turban guy who'll be at the helm of affairs.The exit polls have been predicting nothing this time,having taken lessons from last time's absolute shocker of a result.Talking of shockers,I sincerely hope that India doesn't choose that motor-mouthed lady with the none too impressive baritone or even the no-no guys(they've said no to everything all their lives-from bpo's to car factories to nuclear deals).
Honestly speaking,with the advent of coalition politics,the indian political kabaddi has become even more dirtier,with more mud and dung involved.Ideologies will go for a toss and mp's will be bought and sold like toothpaste once the results start coming in.People who have no vision for the country are dreaming of sitting at its highest civilian post.Throughout campaigning,none of our oh so capable leaders have even mentioned the ground-root problems that our country faces,let alone figuring them out.Dynasties,Religional and linguistic barriers,foul mouthedness nothwithstanding,the opposing parties have convincingly proved,that both the PM's in waiting are weak leaders.
I don't really give a damn about who comes to power.It simply won't make a difference to the common man.There will still be powercuts.water shortage,rising prices and netas would still be busy,either filling their own pockets,or throwing mud at each other.However,I'd like to see how the silver-spooned chocolate boy performs if and when he does become a minister.He has got that lineage,that charisma that his father had and from the little that I've seen of him,I believe he does talk sense.He's treaded the length of the entire country,from Kerala to Jammu & Kashmir.May his efforts pay off as I'm all for young blood in the muck that our political scene is.
Speaking of youth,I'm really impressed and influenced by the involvement of the youth brigade in it.The intense "Jaago"campaign,aiming at getting people to vote,to bring about that much desired change,did make a huge difference.Kudos to the man behind this campaign and also to our Indian public,for coming out and voting,despite the galactic May heat.One day.this will certainly make a difference.
And yes Mr Bachchan and family,What the heck were you thinking when you posed for the above photograph.Yes,I know that Indian politics does suck at the moment,but so do your movies.One unintentional gesture from Bollywood's first family-It completely echoes my sentiments towards these dreary old netas.


F_ _ _ U

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...